Although Singapore is a small city, it still has quite a few interesting places for you to visit. In this article, let me share with you some important tourist places in Singapore:
1. East Coast Park. East Coast Park is a popular playground among Singaporeans and I believe tourists will like it too. It covers a sprawling area and you can do a lot of activities there such as bowling, cycling, running, windsurfing, canoeing, picnicking, BBQ, etc. If you are the sporty guy, you definitely must visit East Coast Park.
2. Chinese and Japanese Gardens. The 2 gardens are situated adjacent to one another and they are just 5 minutes walk from the Chinese Garden MRT station. If you are into Chinese history, you will definitely like the Chinese Garden. It is a reflection of the Chinese Imperial Garden, which has twin pagodas. The Japanese Garden has a distinct style which reflects the Japanese culture accurately.
3. Bukit Timah nature reserve. Bukit Timah nature reserve is a 164 hectare rainforest which contains several species of plants. If you love trekking, this is one of the best wildlife sanctuaries.
4. Mount Faber. Mount Faber is located near Sentosa, which is an offshore island of Singapore that is famous for its beach and sight-seeing. At Mount Faber, you can view the skyline of Singapore and other offshore islands. Definitely a breathtaking and fantastic view for you.
5. Singapore Zoo. The Singapore Zoo is very famous among tourists with many species of animals. The Night Safari is one of the best adventure tours you can indulge in. It is the first night zoo where you can get up close to some wildlife nocturnal animals.
6. Fort Canning Park. Fort Canning Park was built between 1859 and 1861 by the British. It was originally an arms store, barrack and hospital. During the Japanese invasion during World War II, British soldiers fought them on this hill.
7. Singapore Botanic Garden. This garden is full with treasure of flora, with many different specimens.
In Singapore, there are a lot of other interesting places for you to visit, such as the Jurong Bird Park, Orchard Road, Chinatown and Little India. Every year, tons of tourists flock to Singapore because of its attractions. So if you are planning for your next holiday trip, do consider Singapore.
Last but not least, if you are a shopaholic, do come in June because every year from May to June, there is a Great Singapore Sale event. During this event, majority of the boutiques and restaurants offer discounts up to 75% for their goods and services.
Visit DoWindowShopping for a list of Singapore shopping mall.