Top 5 Places to Vacation in the US
People go for a vacation with their family for relaxation and enjoyment. There are a lot of places in the world to visit. It is impossible for a person to visit all these places in one lifetime. Most people dream of a vacation in the USA. Since the US is a big country, there are many places to see. To enjoy a holiday in the country, it is necessary to make a plan before you travel.
For those travelling to US for the first time, here the top five must-see places.
1. San Francisco, California – This is a city of diverse culture in relation to arts, museums, architecture, music and festivals. San Francisco has become a popular tourist place because of its hillside streets and modern and Victorian architecture. The major attractions of San Francisco are Golden Gate Bridge (a construction marvel); Japanese Tea Gardens; Exploratorium (museum); Fisherman’s Wharf; Alcatraz Islands; Historic Cable cars (the moving landmark of San Francisco); Chinatown; and the Red-and-White Ferry. Some of the modern architectures of San Francisco are Civic Center, Coit Tower, Ferry Building, and the twisty and crooked streets of Lombard in Russian Hill. The city is also the home of different festivals, fairs, parades and parties. The moat famous one is the Gay Festival held in June every year. The others are the Folsom Street Fair, the Chinese New Year Parade, the Carnival, and Lovefest.
2. Orlando, Florida – This US city has everything – from theme parks to crocodile farms. If you are planning to travel with your family and are looking for a complete entertainment, then this is the right destination. When you are in Orlando there is a myriad of choices available to have fun. The major attractions of Orlando are the Walt Disney World, Sea World Orlando (marine theme park), Universal Studios, Island of Adventure, Wet ‘N Wild (water park), Discovery Cove (marine theme park), Gatorland (wildlife theme park), Holy Land Experience (museum), Ripley’s Believe It or Not, the Orlando Science Center and the Orlando Museum. Orlando also has tropical beaches for the family to enjoy and relax in the sun.
3. Las Vegas, Nevada – ‘The Entertainment Capital of the World’ is famous for gambling, dining, shopping and entertainment. The major attraction of Las Vegas is casinos. It has got some of the world’s finest casinos like the Golden Nugget, Four Queens, Fremont Casino, and Las Vegas Club. The other attractions are the Adventuredome, Desperado, Gondola, M&M’s World, Nevada State Museum, Stratosphere Tower, Springs Preserve and much more. So, if you are in a mood for some adult entertainment, then travel to Las Vegas alias the Sin City.
4. New York City – ‘The Big Apple’ or ‘The City that Never Sleeps’ is famous for international affairs, commerce, culture, finance, fashion and entertainment. This city is made up of five towns – The Bronx, Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens and Staten Island. The major attractions to visit while you are in New York are The Empire State Building, Ellis Island, Broadway Theatre Productions, the Metropolitan Museum of Art, Central Park, Rockefeller Center, Bronx Zoo, Washington Square Park, Times Square, The Statue of Liberty and the New York Botanical Gardens. New York City is the favourite shopping destination for shoppers. The city has witnessed some of the major cultural reforms in the past. Many events and parades are organised to attract tourists. The famous events are the Halloween Parade and the Tribeca Film Festival.
5. Grand Canyon, Arizona – This is one of the premier national parks in the US and has become a popular natural tourist destination. It is a steep gorge along the Colorado River in Arizona and is 6000 feet deep and 446 km long. The Grand Canyon National Park can be approached through two ways – the North Rim (remote part) and the South Rim (more accessible and crowded part). Some of the activities you can indulge in here include camping, mule rides, sightseeing, rafting, hiking and helicopter rides. Some of the viewpoints along the South Rim are Grand Canyon Village, the Watchtower and the Hermit’s Rest. The viewpoints of the North Rim are Cape Royal, Bright Angel Point and the Point Imperial.
Are you planning to visit US? We have the best information about the major attractions, customs, culture, weather etc. For more on our USA Guide, please visit http://www.america001.com